Interesting in joining our team? Explore all job listings currently available.
Vice President/Executive Vice President
Full Time | New York City Metropolitan Area [Hybrid]
Senior team members at LWHA® predominantly work on appraisals and other consulting assignments of hotels and lodging facilities located across North America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. The team member will be expected to execute, train, oversee, and provide mentorship and leadership for their direct reports. The position may include other leadership-level duties throughout the company. Day-to-day duties include execution and/or supervising:
- Market research of demographics, business/industry and top employers in the area, status of residential and office markets. The associate must garner an understanding of the dynamics of a market and be aware of any new developments or significant changes occurring.
- Research of municipal laws including zoning restrictions/requirements and property taxation methodology.
- Visit the hotel assigned, tour the asset and meet with the onsite management staff
- Tour the hotel’s market, including major demand generators, municipal offices, and competitive hotels.
- Interview/speak with local professionals (including brokers, hotel management, zoning officials, etc.) in order to learn about the market.
Compile financial projections via Excel-based modeling; this includes review of documentation provided by the client, data input into the model, comparable analyses and forecasting.
Utilize all research and financial modeling to write a detailed report for the client explaining findings and rationale.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Preferable majors include: Hospitality Management, Real Estate, Finance
- 5+ years professional valuation/appraisal experience
- Preferable fields: Hotel Operations, Hotel Revenue Management, Real Estate Finance/Consulting, Hotel Development/Consulting, Valuation/Appraisal
- Certified General Real Estate Appraisal License, required
- Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), preferred
- Excellent writing skills; each assignment will require a written report deliverable to client. Reports must be well-crafted and professionally written.
- Excellent communication skills – both internal and external; senior team members will be interacting directly with colleagues, clients, hotel owners/developers/management, and various other industry professionals.
- Professionally mature individual
- Thoughtful & diligent worker with excellent follow-through
- Energetic self-starter who is eager to learn and teach
- Interest in Hotels; penchant for Finance
- Ability to travel domestically 15-25% of each month